Quick and Easy Bubbles
4 tablespoons non bacterial liquid hand soap
1 cup hot water, preferably distilled
Mix handsoap with the hot water and let it cool.
This is a great solution when you need bubbles now. Good for one day.
Longer Lasting Bubbles
4 tablespoons liquid dishwashing detergent
1 tablespoon corn syrup or glycerin
1 cup water (distilled is best)
Mix ingredients together and pour into a plastic container. Wait for it to settle before using.
Glycerin is to aid in making longer lasting bubbles. Corn syrup is cheaper and easy to get at the market so it can be substituted for the glycerin.
This recipe can be stored and may get better with age.
Best Bubble Recipe Large Batch
2 ½ quarts water (distilled if available)
½ cup light corn syrup
1 cup liquid dish detergent
- Mix water and corn syrup until well blended
- Gently stir in the liquid dish detergent
- Store for several weeks in airtight container
More Bubble Fun
- Add some color to your bubbles with a few drops of food coloring
- Create different size bubbles by using homemade frames or household items such as a strawberry basket. Use bell wire (plastic coated for safety) to make large frames for big bubbles. Make a square frame – bubbles will always be round!